Mission: For the development, conservation, supervision and regulation of natural and historic resources including water resources, within its territorial limits.
1. Conduct research into the use of land areas
2. Maintain an index of all public and private open areas.
3. Maintain records of meetings and activities.
4. Inventory natural resources in areas of developmental interest.
5. Recommend to Planning & Zoning plans and programs for the development and use of open areas including watershed management and drought management plans consistent with water supply management plans.
6. Prepare and update the Plan of Conservation & Recreation Lands (2013)
7. Coordinate activities of official bodies organized for land use research.
8. Advertise, prepare and distribute literature and maps for the education & enjoyment of the public.