MONDAY 11/12 @ 7:00P – 8:30P AND REPEATED ON SATURDAY MORNING 11/17@ 10:30A – 12:00P HIGH SCHOOL MEDIA ROOM
DOES NORTH STONINGTON PROVIDE AN ADEQUATE RANGE OF HOUSING CHOICE FOR ITS RESIDENTS (PRESENT AND FUTURE ANTICIPATED)?
Please join us for a
INFORMAL ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSION
TO DISCUSS THE ADEQUACY OF HOUSING CHOICE
SOME OF THE TALKING POINTS WILL BE:
1. What is the difference between “naturally occurring affordable housing” and “qualified affordable housing”?
2. Is there a current demand for more housing that is affordable? If so, what type?
3. Do we need/want more housing for young adults; older residents looking to downsize; single-person households; and or new or established families?
4. Do we need/want to allow multi-family housing as a means to provide low-cost rental options for young adults, single persons and/or seniors?
5. Should we build Senior Housing or age-targeted housing?
6. What are Conservation Subdivisions? And do we want to add these to our regulations as a way of increasing the amount of housing while still preserving rural character?
7. Should we allow mixed-use development in the non-residential zones as a means of increasing the overall vitality of the commercial zones and to provide lower cost housing options for those in need?
8. Do we need/want to increase residential lot sizes to preserve the rural character (and perceived open space)? Why?
9. Do we need/want to decrease residential lot sizes to allow for greater density housing developments – or housing that is generally more affordably priced? Why?
PIZZA AND OTHER REFRESHMENTS WILL BE SERVED.
For further information, please call Juliet Leeming @ 860-535-2877 x27 M-F (8a-4p)
HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!