A special town meeting of the electors and citizens qualified to vote in
town meetings of the Town of North Stonington, Connecticut, will be held
on the date indicated at the time and location noted below for the
LOCATION: North Stonington Elementary School Multi-Purpose Room
DATE: December 15, 2010
TIME: 7:00 p.m.
1. To hear and act upon the Hewitt Property proposed Uses, Rules,
and Recommendations items numbered 1-28 individually, as presented.
2. To hear and act upon the Declaration and Grant of a Private
Conservation Easement off Mains Crossing Road (aka Route 201) in favor
of the Town of North Stonington
3. To hear and act upon the Declaration and Grant of a Private
Conservation Easement in favor of the Town for the Phase II Shunock
Estates, Norwich Westerly Road.
4. To hear and act upon the acceptance of the Declaration and Grant
of a Private Conservation Easement in favor of the Favor of the Town of
North Stonington located on Billings Road.
5. To hear and act upon a request as approved by the Board of
Finance for an Additional Appropriation for flood damage repairs-FEMA
funds, in the amount of $131,526.56 for the continuation of repairs on
roads and drainage caused by the March 30th storm to budget line item B
27.03 Town Road Maintenance with authority to move the funds to Capital
Non Recurring Account 3961 Storm Damages.
6. To hear and act upon a request as approved by the Board of
Finance for an Additional Appropriation for the Boiler Installation and
Conversion Project at the School Facilities in the amount of $434,122
for the installation of new boilers at the Elementary School and High
School and new burners for the Gymatorium building to budget line item
5.01, School Boiler Replacement Project with authority to move the funds
to Capital Non Recurring Account 3962 School Boilers.
7. To hear and act upon An Ordinance Authorizing the Water
Pollution Control Authority to Adopt Regulations for the Use of Sewerage
8. To authorize and empower the First Selectmen to enter into
agreements with the State of Connecticut, Department of Environmental
Protection and to execute all documents pertaining to the STEAP Grant
for the North Stonington Recreation Area.
9. To review and accept an Agreement Between the Town of Groton and
the Town of North Stonington regarding provision of Emergency
10. To hear and act upon an additional appropriation as approved by
the Board of Finance for the Resident Troopers' DUI grant funding in the
amount of $55,330 for the implementation of the DUI Enforcement Grant
for FY 2010-11. The funds shall be placed in line item BB 26.04 State
Dated at North Stonington this 2nd day of December, 2010.
BOARD OF SELECTMEN
Nicholas H. Mullane, II
Shawn P. Murphy
L. William Briscoe