During an Emergency there is several ways to get information and as events escalate not all are available:
- Website – The town website is updated as updated during an event with the latest information.
- E-mail Blasts – The Town website has a news feature. You can add and E-mail address by clicking the “Subscribe to News” link on the left hand side of the screen. When the website is updated during an event the same information is sent to News Subscribers.
- Phone – The Selectman’s office is usually staffed during an emergency and can be contacted at 860-535-2877 X 10
- Information Hotline – During an event there is a public contact number for Emergency management. The Number is 860-857-2614 and is only used during town wide emergencies.
- Reverse Call – During a large scale event we utilize an automated calling system. To register please click here.
- Town Hall – During large scale events town hall, 40 Main Street, is usually staffed by at least one person.
- Information Points – In the event or potential event that there will be a loss of phone and internet Emergency management installs 8 information points around town. These locations are updated daily with storm information and recovery status. The points are identifiable as large blue signs with the text "PUBLIC EMERGENCY INFORMATION POINT”. The locations are the Entrances to Kingswood /Meadow wood, Entrances to Ceder Ridge, Route 201 by Northwest Corner Road, the town Highway Garage at 11 Wyassup Road, Route 49 by Grindstone Road and the intersection of route 49 and 184. Additionally the information is available at the Town Hall, Wheeler Library and North Stonington Fire.