- Contact the Animal Control Officer
- Spend supervised time with the dog to ensure compatibility
- Fill out a State Adoption Contract
- Pay the adoption fee
- Take the dog home
- Spayed or neutered: $5
- Instate not spayed or neutered: $50
- Out of state not spayed or neutered: $5
If a dog is adopted by a Connecticut resident and the dog is not spayed or neutered the adopter will receive a voucher from the Animal Population Control Program.
Out of state residents are not allowed to participate in the Animal Population Control Program.