Facts About North Stonington
Close to I-95 and bordered by Rhode Island, North Stonington enjoys easy access to New England and the Mid-Atlantic States. As a major tourist destination, the region offers over 4,000 hotel rooms, world- backed by up several convention facilities.
- Midway between Boston and New York
- Strategically located for economical domestic and international distribution
- Major airport facilities in Providence, Hartford, and nearby Groton provide direct service to major hubs and cities
- Rail and port facilities in nearby New London offer schedules to Boston, New York and beyond
- A highly developed highway infrastructure centered around I-95 is connected to ferry service to nearby Long Island, NY
- Prime locations are available in North Stonington and can be part of your future
- Twenty-eight million people within 150 miles
Quality of Life
Outstanding K-12 schools in a state with a reputation for excellence in education prepare students in a small school environment. Parents are proud of the personal attention their children enjoy and are active in the integration of new technology and curricula.
A high percentage of graduates expand their knowledge at technical schools, small colleges and major universities located within commuting distance.
North Stonington, a historic village of 5,000 offers a wealth of four-season recreation opportunities as unique to New England as stone walls and maple syrup. Nearby ocean beaches are the finest in New England.
Our proximity on I-95, Amtrak railroad, airports and ferry allow people from all over the world to easily plan a visit to nearby Mystic Seaport, Mystic Aquarium, sandy ocean beaches, live regional theater, art museums and recreational attractions. Cultural events and outdoor activities abound all year around.